View Single Post
Old 06-30-2004, 12:59 PM

grapes11,

Thanks for the tip on DIY on the forum. It's been a little time since I accessed mercedesshop.com and I forgot about this section.

benzthere,

Regarding the SLK320, I've been extremely happy with it. Keep in mind that it only has about 7500 miles on it and I never drive it in the winter. I haven't had a single problem with it.

With the M112's low end torque the SLK320 is fairly quick. I saw a review a few years ago that showed the 2001 SLK320 being just a tad under the 1/4 mile performance of a Porche Boxter. The car handles great, although I baby it most of the time so I really can't say what it does under real performance driving. The only thing I don't like about the handling is the heavy steering resulting from the recirculating ball steering. However, it is suprisingly responsive.

Inside the car is confortable. I'm 6'4" tall and it fits me well. It's the only 2 seater roadster I could fit in.

I don't know how the car compares to the SLK 230. I drove the 230 once and didn't like it. Immediately afterwards I drove the 320 and really liked it and ordered a new one. I especially didn't like the sound of the 4 cylinder 230. The 320 has a nice cool exhaust note noticable with the top down.

Hope that helps. If you have any other questions on the SLK320 send me an email. Thanks for the info on the oil change too.

Dave

1998 E320
2001 SLK320
2000 Lexus RX300