View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 02:02 AM
No Codes

Lightbulb Life Happens, huh?

Greetings all....I am glad to hear your comments MB Doc about the inability of storing fault codes on these cars, since somewhere in the archives on this forum I read the opposite.

I have an 87 260E that was flooding severely before I changed out the idle/air control valve bolted on the intake. If it will only idle like it should, it will be drivable once again.

My duty cycle readings are ranging from 30% to 40% (after warmed up) with high idle and reasonable exhaust emmissions (not smoky or cloudy at night with car lights shinning behind the car)...but with a 1200 rpm idle. I unplugged the TPS and idle increased. Maybe an 80mph roadtrip would help, with injector cleaner, as rust did slow me down a bit in the last fuel distributor...(yes I cleaned the injectors, but I'm not ruling them out as the cause for fast idle).

Thanks to ctaylor738 for the help also, and to Andrew for starting this thread, as I was about to ask the exact same question. Life happens, huh? Thanks also to P. S. for all the confidence and assistance during my most trying times dealing with my Benz!
89 300E

The rest of my collection are just cars and trucks...no more "automobiles"...