View Single Post
Old 02-22-2001, 06:57 PM
ZuMBLe

I'm talking about the rear multilinks. But my car's vin # is before the # that you posted. But I guess that isn't really applicable since you were talking about the front huh? =)

My car is no longer under warranty. I think the bushing has been bad for a while. Because the steering wheel no longer centers itself as fast as it used to. I thought this was an allignment problem. But apparently not. The mechanic that drove my car around the block before starting the attempted allignment job said the rear-end felt loose. He said the broken bushings were probably the cause.

stevebfl:
Wow, are you serious!? The same parts are used on the 300E? I'm quite disappointed to hear this. Now I have to pay for Mercedes' cost cutting. I would think with a low profile wheel/tire combo. The bushings would take a good beating if they weren't designed for such an application. I'm not affraid to do the work myself it its easy to do. I may try to find the parts on Fastlane and do it myself. I have helped my friend install an aftermarket suspension before. Do you think this would be any different?

Ray

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr Parts
Are they the front control arms or the rear multi links that we are discusing here? I belive he is talking about the front control arms. If they are the rear multi links please ignore my previous post.