View Single Post
Old 07-07-2004, 06:53 PM

car covers are great, 100% cotton covers keep car cool in summer, MB OEM Evolution covers don't keep car as cool as cotton but help protect against U.V and winter ice/hail.

learn the technique for taking cover on and off, learn how to wash cover. www.covercraft.com

MB OEM covers have a life span that can be as short as a few years, one of my MB OEM covers has lasted about four year and still going and another is on it's last leg after a little more than two years.

My 100% cotton cover is six years old and is excellent for summer use, the noticeable differnce in interior car temp between 100% cotton and Evolution fabric can be ( my guesstimate ) nearly thirty degrees.

Stormguard was the nicest all season material I have owned, mine was stollen - so be aware of your surroundings and possibliity of theft.
For windy conditions a nice synthetic rope from Home Depot is useful to tie down car cover.

Car must be clean of hard particles ( dirt, dust, ice ) when using cover. black paint means be extre diligent in all manner of car cover use