View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cazzzidy
....Apparently the 6 port solenoids are more reliable than the 3 ports though... an added benifet of running return lines.

Sorry, no advice about the bubbles.
actually that may be the source of your troubles. Take out the switch over temporatily make iti a full time loop. See if that stops your bubbles. If so then you valve is leaking air.

Another source may be your pump. The pump/handpump combination on the side of your engine may be your leaker. Check the archives here about that.

As to an earlier statement. No you dont get a fuel spray out of a leaking fuel line. On Injected gas engines the fuel pump is in the tank and it pushes fuel thru the hose and as well as out any leak spots. On carb. engines the fuel is sucked from the tank to the pump and then is pushed everywhere else.

On a diesel the fuel is sucked from the tank via a pump up in the engine department. There for a leak in a fuel line sucks air into the system. With the engine off some fuel "might" find its way to drip out of the leak.

The Glow Plug Wait: This waiting period is a moment of silence to pay honor to Rudolph Diesel. The longer you own your diesel the more honor you will give him". by SD Blue

My normal daily life; either SNAFUed- Situation Normal... All Fouled Up, or FUBARed- Fouled Up Beyond All Repair

62 UNIMOG Camper w/617 Turbo, 85 300SD daily driver- both powered by blended UCO fuels