View Single Post
Old 07-14-2004, 10:00 AM

Let me give you single guys a tip.

Whenever you are on a date (esp. a first date), be sure to tip the server well.

I got set up on a blind date yesterday. I usually go the drink-after-work route not the dinner route on first dates. It makes the getaway easier if the date is a dud.

Anyway, it was going ok until the bill came. I usually let the guy pay. The guy was going to leave a dollar! When I saw that, I insisted on paying for half the bill and personally handed the server a good tip AFTER the dollar was conspicuously left on the table. It was clear to the server that it was a first date (and the last) I got a smile and a nod from the server on the way out.

Guys, I know money is hard to come by these days, but consider this before leaving a single as a tip.

Another tip to you guys with daughters. If someone asks for their number, it is better for them to give out an email address (one specially created for dates) or a pager number (not cell). Having specific rules like this makes life simpler. Guys usually get the message after a few unanswered pages.

Any other dating tips are welcome. In fact, any other disaster dating stories would be welcome as well for the benefit of the single members in the forum.