View Single Post
Old 07-15-2004, 04:03 PM
Unbanned...?

Quote:
Originally posted by BrierS
gsxr
Thank you. That is exactly what I needed/wanted. Sorry I missed it in my search. Typically I do exhaustive and thorough searches. Blew it this time.
No, you didn't, it's probably not in the MBShop archives - it is posted on MBZ.org though:

http://engine.articles.mbz.org/diesel/hoses/

Quote:

I am trying to fix some problems and prevent some. Not getting turbo boost, I bypassed the switchover valve with direct vacuum to the ALDA line. Turbo works. Scratching my head since the switchover does not appear to have any problems (air flows one way and not the other and the tested resistance is the same as the Y29) I haven't printed the electrical schematic from by CDs yet so I don't know where the electrical wires come and go from. I am thinking there is likely a switch related to air pressure somewhere that might me not doing what it is intended for.
There is nothing electrical that will affect power, if you bypassed the s/o valve and ran a hose (carrying pressure, not vacuum, btw) between the intake manifold and the ALDA. Make sure the manifold fitting is clean! Next step is to verify you have boost pressure, you'll need a gauge, enough hose to enter the passenger compartment, then go for a drive while watching the gauge. (You can't rev the engine in park and get boost - have to drive it, floor it, put load on the engine...)

If you don't get any boost, it's possible the turbo wastegate is stuck open, OR if you have the Garrett turbo, that the wastegate hose is cracked or leaking. Either way you'd get zero boost pressure.