View Single Post
Old 07-17-2004, 09:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Eldridge

Midas is the worst about overcharging..........................Any sane custodian of his pocketbook should stay well away from the Midas on 163rd St in North Miami Beach. This is what they did to a friend of mine who is so mechanically disadvantaged that I had to show him how to use the dipstick.

I believe that any of the "chain" stores should never be utilized for auto repair. They basically are in the business of "ripoff", not auto repair. In our case, we can clearly see the incompetance and the fraud, however, in the case of individuals who have no knowledge of vehicle maintenance and repair, frequently the opposite gender, the ripoff becomes that much worse.

I had the opportunity to overhear one of them tell a customer, over the phone, how much a certain brake job was going to cost. It was over $450.00 and it did not take too much effort for him to make the case. Kind of went something like, "Well we really should do all of this work, because you don't want a job that is only done half right when you really need your brakes in an emergency, do you?................" The vehicle is already there, the customer is not (vehicle dropped off). The scenario is always the same: RIPOFF.

BTW, I was there for an oil change way before I owned any M/B. They did oil changes for $12.00 at the time.