View Single Post
Old 07-18-2004, 06:08 PM

The guy on yachtsurvey is a biased idiot. He even admits that he thinks diesels are stinky and slow. He used to build "race engines" Yeah, okay Jerky, so did I but at least I have the facts straight. If engines aren't lasting in boats its because the owners are morons. Since both gas AND diesel engines don't seem to last and mostly because of lack of maintenence and care, whats that tell you? The engines are crap or the owners are idiots? Granted pushing any engine to higher horsepower MAY be detrimental to lifespan, IF you don't monitor the cooling and lubrication systems. There are plenty of marine engines out there that have 2000 and 3000+ hours on them without issue. Of course the engines in the shop are low-hour engines. They haven't been maintained! Duh! The ones that have are still running and you don't see them. The yacht club I frequent has plenty of high time engines happily doing their jobs. Diesels are expensive to maintain? I guess his marina must be charging and arm and a leg for oil changes and fuel filters..... RT
93' Chevrolet C2500HD ExCab 6.5TD, Two-tone blue, 252K