View Single Post
Old 07-19-2004, 08:48 PM

I thought we were done with this.

Your supplier is not OEM and worse than that they suggest to ignorant local shops a list price that is a crock of *****. The only thing you proved is the point I am making. Real professional shops would never buy from such a local ripoff arrangement.

Real MB professionals buy from places like I sugested many posts ago. That supplier which is the same as fastlane uses places TRUE MB list price on every part they can compete with and no list price where they can't. Real simple to figure out. They don't take a 1989 300E radiator which MB lists for 184 and sell it for 225 and suggest a list of 675. That is what is happening with your supplier.

The only reason I dwell upon it, is that a lot of cheap people read these forums and they sure don't need another wrong reason to avoid a real professional.

So, did you see what they would want for a 1989 300e radiator. Try where ever you like. You will find that you will only pay 185 or less at a real professional. I pointed out that fastlane can't even help here but real professionals will sell that radiator for within 10-30% of that real list price. I guarantee I will install that radiator and sell it for the real list price and it is second nature to me and 500 to 1000 other real professional independent MB shops (maybe more) .

It is truely a shame that major corporations do this to stupid local buyers, but this is just one more example why you are better of with a real professional.
Bosch Master, ASE Master, L1
33 years MB technician