View Single Post
Old 07-19-2004, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by stevebfl

Your supplier is not OEM and worse than that they suggest to ignorant local shops a list price that is a crock of *****. The only thing you proved is the point I am making. Real professional shops would never buy from such a local ripoff arrangement.
Apparently we're still on different wavelengths. To start with this is not my supplier. They are a client of my transportation services. Now, if Motorcraft, Mopar or AC/ Delco are not considered OEM then I must say that I am certainly off track. But all the Fords, Chryslers and GM's that I have ever seen come with those respective brands attached. How can they not be OEM? With that said, I deliver to DEALERS. I was curious as to why dealers would not buy direct from their own manufacturer. The parts managers tell me that buying from the authorized franchise distributor is cheaper and faster. Don't ask me why, I'm just the piano player, I didn't write the music.

On the subject of a lot of forum members being 'cheap people', I guess we are what we are. I'd rather save up for my retirement boat than apply it to someone else' retirement boat.

On the deleted/ censored thing, I haven't a clue what you're talking about. I was referring to the 'edit' button at the bottom which allows anyone to correct a mistake or delete his own post.