View Single Post
Old 07-20-2004, 09:36 PM

NEED HELP: new engine computer didnt work

ok, i paid a dealership $300 to tell me that i need a new computer, which cost more than the computer itself! i finally get the part from PGA, disconnect the battery, and unplug the old one, plug in the new one and it didnt work, same problem.

i have exactly all of the same problems that i had before, so i seriously doubt that it is the used computer that i bought, so it must be the dealership's diagnosis (and then they were going to charge me $2100 for work that i didnt need!)

first, id like to make sure that there isnt some special procedure for replacing the engine computer (part #008-545-50-32) so that i can go over to the dealership and get my money back.

then i need to figure out what else it could be. i would ASSUME that they would have tested the wires to the EGR before making me buy a new computer, but who knows. maybe the wiring harness to the computer?

the original problem was that the EGR and intake flap vacuum transducers werent getting a signal, so they were releasing all of the vacuum and nothing worked, including the turbo and transmission.

all of the vacuum transducers have been replaced, all of the vac lines have been checked and replaced. when that was done, the car was perfect for about 30 minutes, then went bad again.

im out of options, none of the shops i take it to can figure it out, im totally worn out, but not about to give up. please help if you can.

thanks
1991 350 SD 185k
2006 S 500
2005 SLK 350