View Single Post
Old 07-27-2004, 12:22 PM

Well the problem was not there. The alarm system I have is very particular to how the car is opened.

Like I stated the locks were working fine with this system for a long time. I did not have the problem before, as sometimes I lock the car with the key and not the alarm from the passenger side, and I had done so actually just the other day before this happened and allw as working fine.

THe valet himself told me he was having trouble with the alarm, and when I said did you use the remote or the key he said he didn;t even notice the remote , and had used the key and had been trying it in the other door locks to try to get the alarm to stop,m whn it was not the factory alarm goign off, but the aftermarket unit and he was too stupid to use the remote.

I know how to install alarms, and pretty much any electronics in any car with regards to things like that. I have done my own tracing and the problem does not lie in the passenger door connection.

The manager of the valet was very nice and understanding. As it stands I am severely inconvenienced by this, because I now have to lock the car with the key and set the alarm and unlock the car with the key and unset the alarm. it makes me wonder why I even have a keyless entry system at this point.

I'm not looking for people telling me that the valet may not pay, I could care less if they do or don't. The point is The locks were working before they parked the car, and were not when they brought me the car. so therefore they are liable for it in my book. They have insurance for these things, and I do not think they are going to argue a hell of a lot about it, it is a waste of their time and mine to do so. I could care less about whether someone thinks it is morally wrong. I know the facts of the matter. I brought it and dropped off the car. locks were working fine, as I had used them not 10 minutes before I got there. I picked up the car, got home 10 minutes later, and the car was not locking by the remote. It was late at night I was tired, so I figured I'd look at it in the morning. When I checke din the morinign and reset the pump and checked allth wires, that is when I discovered the passenger door lock was not unlocking or locking the car, though it was doing it before.

Regardless, I am looking for the cause of the problem and what I can do to fix it. Because if they don;t pay I have to pay to fix it, so if I can do it myself I can save everyone a hassle.

The wiring is fine, I have checked it all including inside the door. and the vacuum lines are fine. That si why it is suspected to be something with the pump, but I am not about to spend $350.00 on the pump unless I know for sure it is the problem.

I know others must have had this problem what I am looking for is a few things I have not thought of to try.

Alon