View Single Post
Old 07-29-2004, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by psfred
New dash will take about 12 hours, give or take a bit -- you have to remove the climate control and switch panel on the top of the console to get to the two nuts up there, the lower panels have to come off, the cluster has to come out (manual says the speedo cable has to come off the tranny, is this true???!!!), and the speaker cover has to come off both sides.

I'm to the point of taking the cluster out, but will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon (Mom's surgery is at 9:30, and I don't expect to be home til noon anyway). I worked on it about three hours this afternoon just taking stuff off, expect to have it done Thursday late since I'm going to have to wait on a vac servo from Benz (the regular supplier is out).

Only one of the servos holds vac, and that's only 5"! I'm replacing them all, I'd rather spend the cash than do this job twice.

The TE is an 88, separate OVP and FPR, the 300D is, of course, an 87, also needs a new OVP.

Peter
Hi Peter,

First of all, Good luck with your mom's surgery. I hope everything goes well.

Second, thanks for the information.

Whenever you have the chance, can you please post the job number(s). I have the CD, and it hard to find things there? If you can give me the job number(s), I can do search and find them...hopefully

Thanks a lot

Sam

"There is nothing more expensive than a cheap Mercedes-Benz" -unknown