View Single Post
Old 08-02-2004, 08:28 AM

Sulman,

I replaced the vacuum element (located inside the trunk lid)on the assist on my car and it was fairly straight forward. I took it apart and checked the part number then ordered parts. Mine had a pretty good leak in it so after failing a few times the system had to be reset by pulling the fuse for a few seconds. The fuse is in the pannel in the trunk, #8 or maybe #9 (it was labeled).

When the replacement was done it was not flush so it was necessary to adjust the colsure height. On my '97 there were 2 nuts behind the striker plate (inside the trunk), just loosen them and adjust your height.

Now the catch... When I was doing this I was subscribed to AlldataDIY and the pictures they showed were different and much more complex. Things may have changed between your '94 and my '97. I would start by taking the inner lining off the trunk lid, operating the lid a few times (click the latch in the striker plate to activete, press the button to open) and check if you find something that is not right.

Note: This is all assuming that the vacuum pump is working.

Good luck,
Chris