View Single Post
Old 08-02-2004, 01:22 PM

Missing Page in W124 Service CD

I am pulling together information needed to replace a leaking AC evaporator in my 1994 E320. I’ve printed out all the necessary operations identified in my Mercedes repair CD—the standard 2 CD version.

When I printed the primary operation (83-554 Removal and Installation of Evaporator) I found page 4 was missing and page 5 appeared twice. I double-checked the visual image on the screen and found that page 4 is indeed “missing” and page 5 appears twice. Since there are 21 steps in operation 83-554, I am therefore missing steps 3 through 9.

Has anyone else found this to be the case with their CDs? My set does not appear to be an original set—came with the car when I bought it from the previous owner a couple of years ago. However, I’ve used it extensively without having found any apparent discrepancies.

I would really appreciate someone checking their set to see if this problem affects all CDs. The information in operation 83-554 is contained in the file named 83-554.pdf which is found in the \program\climate directory of Disk 2. That file on my CD is dated 11/14/1999 and the size is 740KB.

Any advice/assistance is appreciated.
John Downey