View Single Post
Old 08-03-2004, 10:01 AM

Question Heater Valve & Other Climate Components

Probably one of the most covered general topics . . .

My '87 300TD now has functioning A/C and has always had heat. However, while I wait for my "MB Climate Control" manual to arrive Priority Mail I am still trying to solve some of the problems.

My Sampler Blower spins and barely hold a tissue with the hose off. Connected, it will not draw smoke into the actual sensor. Additionally, the connected hose runs along the side of the body inner body panel and has no foam/insulation on it. If it is supposed to have it, there would be only 4-6" where it could be installed.

I believe I have located the water valve (just forward of the battery with two heater hoses connected and a 3-wire connector) yet I am not certain since I have been unable to locate a photo. Since I have had heat right along am I correct in thinking this valve is operating correctly?

Under the dash, on the right side of what I call the heater box, there is a unit that has a series of vacuum lines attached. Forward of that is a type of vacuum actuator that has a flat arm attached to the heater box. That arm does not move no matter what I do with the selector buttons and the climate wheel. Since I am not getting air flow through the proper vents when using the selector buttons I am suspicous that may be part or all of the problem.

I have also noticed that there is air flow corresponding with the blower fan coming out of the engine compartment fresh air ducts (just forward of the wiper under the bonnet).

What I am trying to solve is:
1) Getting colder air (system is fully charged)
2) Getting it to come through the proper ducts/vents

Any help would be appreciated.
'77 VW Type II - 77K - Restored
'08 250EX Ninja
English Bulldog (Brier) - My best friend. Passed away 12/02/04 while in my arms.