View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 07:40 PM
Coming back from burnout

Stop work you are angry ( and tired )...

What a Day,I a had vacation from working the weekend, I had my 300D 87 all finished except at the last minute I thought I would replace a timing guide on my chain--something told me not to--but there was the new one in the Fastlane Box, buried under bubble wrap, and i said "what a shame to waste the $8.00 "...... I started to use a 6 mm bolt, a socket and some washers to pull the pin and I started to make progress--and then I stripped it!!
I should have stopped right here and closed the engine up and banged the pin back in and I would be driving her right now.... but I was tired and angry.... anyway one hour later I was at Home Depot buying an angle drill..and this is when it really gets goofy-- when I came out, a lady driving an Escalade thought my car had hit her bumper, even though the Geometry of the scene showed it was impossible and I had to wait 1 hour for the police to come..
When I came home I started drilling to tap a 6 mm thread and debris got away unexpectedly into the engine and now I have to start over..
Walk way from it when you are tired!! 8 hours and I am back to where I started...