View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 11:19 PM

hmm...

I checked for a vacuum on the tank and found there was not and still trouble starting. Pulled the tank filter this evening for my own piece of mind, cleaned it and replaced. Nothing appeared to be wrong.

I've gone and ordered delivery valve o-rings to change out. I have read posts for other models that have had issues with taking on air near the filter/IP at these and getting similar symptoms. Parts Changer!!!!

Bill, I believe there is no adjustment to be made to the valve clearance with this model (engine 602.962). My service manual has a method for 'CHECKING AND RENEWAL OF HYDRAULIC VALVE CLEARANCE'. Perhaps checking the clearance is in order.

Phantom, I thought leaky injectors as well. That is how I ended up with new ones. Actually had to have the new ones serviced after I bought them. Turns out three of five of the new ones had problems (One wide open and two poor spray). Go figure, should have had the originals serviced. Either they came to me with dirt in them or I did it during installation. Had them cleaned and brought up to snuff and installed them. They seem to be working fine and problem not solved.

Thanks for the help,
Brian AKA (PartChangerGuy)