Thread: biodiesel
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2004, 02:53 PM
Biodiesel Fiend

In my first WVO conversion, I used the factory fuel system to supply the WVO. I fashioned a marine tank in the trunk to supply biodiesel. I had read that new fuel line withstands biodiesel, so I plumbed the purge fuel with regular fuel line. This summer I was running B100 exclusively to start and purge, and as a result I was plugging the factory fuel filters about every other week. The material seemed to be fine black particles in the primary filter, and black paste in the secondary. I had been running B20 previously since last November when I got the car running, and thought my filter pluggings were behind me.

My conclusion: Biodiesel EATS fuel lines. None of my new lines are leaking, but they are noticeably larger around, and obviously the insides are dissolving. The biodiesel I use is Blue Sun, nothing homemade (yet!).

My second conversion, working on presently, I am using the factory tank and steel lines to run my biodiesel, and all flexibles lines are Viton save the cigar hose. My WVO will be the add-on fuel system, just like everyone elses. I seem to have to learn lessons the hard way.
'89 Toyota 4x4, needs 2L-T
'78 280Z with L28ET - 12.86@110
Oil Burner Kartel #35

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...oD/bioclip.jpg