View Single Post
Old 08-07-2004, 09:55 AM

Hi

Today the passenger window started to work with the switch. However the "one touch" feature did not work and also the passenger window does not lower when hood is lowered.( This is how it has been since I bought car, I usually lower window manually with switch).

However it appears that the hood will lower even if I do not lower the window with the window switch. This is quite strange since I was lead to believe that this could not happen!!

To top things off it has now stopped working again!- No window and no hood lowering now.

I have taken door trim off and located limit switch. I tried pressing switch in and out but it makes no difference to either window or hood operation.

Does anyone know if all my probs. are caused by a dodgy limit switch? If so how do I access the connection to the switch to replace it.- The door has an "inner skin" held on by bolts which I was not too keen to remove. Are the connections behind here?

It seems strange that a dodgy limit switch would stop the window from working at all.

Thanks in advance