View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnavy
Be aware that there are a lot of BP/AMOCO stations advertizing the Premier (min 52 C) and Powerblend (min 48 C) fuels for sale, but tested fuel samples have proven they are sticking people. I had my source tested, cost $30 best I remember. Remember it only takes 2 of 5 requirements for it to be legal "primium" fuel.

I think the BP/AMOCO website gives a list of areas it's available or you can contact them for a list as I did a couple of years ago. We have one local AMOCO station that does not get it's fuel from AMOCO, but from independent jobber. His diesel is crud and I think he dumps used motor oil from his service bays in to the tanks on occasions.
Used motor oil in his tanks? Good grief.

I have two BP/AMOCO stations near me. I noticed about a month or two ago that one of the stations removed the 48 Cetane stickers from its pumps. The other station still has the 48 Cetane stickers. I inquired with the cashier at the station that removed the stickers, but she had no idea what I was asking.

What kind of fuel do you think I'm getting at these stations? They are really the only game in town. Everybody else around here who sells diesel, and that is not very many people, has 40 Cetane.