View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 06:22 AM

Unhappy

I thought to have solved the problem but it reoccured.

After my last thread, I bridged the pump relay to keep pressure up what didn't help. So finally I opened the ignition distributor and the 1 yr old Beru cap was crap. I cleaned it and drove for 1-2 weeks without further problems. Then I installed a new Bosch cap and only a few days later I had problems. Ok, so far I kept the 1 yr old rotor inside, since it still looked fine.

However, when I tried to start the car, I didn't smell fuel, although I pushed the throttle. And this time the car stalled during idle with the engine running (after a 2 miles drive). Before, I "only" couldn't restart the car between 10 and 90 minutes after switching it off but it never stalled in the first place. With ignition on, I heart the fuel pump running for 1-2 s and simultaneously I felt a vibration at the fuel distributor, as if the fuel pressure was built up. And again, after 90 minutes with the engine cooled down, I could start the car and was able to continue my trip without further trouble.

Since I don't have so much time currently and need the car for my vacation in 2 weeks, could anyone (STEVE?) give me test procedure?!

Thanks
Tom