View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 11:37 AM

If you mean by idle that the engine is no longer providing forward momentum, then yes, it still feels as if it is providing forward momentum to the deceleration process. However, it's not really noticeable until the last 5mph to stop where it seems to take extra effort to stop that last little bit. Then the revs on the engine wil blip up slightly then settle to just above 5k rpm as if the trans has finally at that point disengaged from the engine. When I say trans, I was also thinking the torque converter, after reading how the torque converter and trans fluid work with an automatic trans in disengaging power from the engine as you come to a stop.

Can you explain why you seem pretty sure that the torque conv. has nothing to do with the problem? It seems it would at least indirectly relate to the problem.... Just wondering Ali.

By the way, I know it shouldn't feel this way from other cars but also I have ready access to 94 c280 (same engine, trans, etc.) and it comes to a stop very nicely. Compared to mine, as I mentioned, it seems as if I'm having a small tug of war with my car. Thanks for any comments (from Ali and anyone else).