Thread: Overheating
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 05:04 PM
TEAM MULHOLLAND

Just went and got my battery, filled up the coolant resivoir and there ya go. Heats returned.

Twitchkitty-

I completely understand the term PREVENTATTIVE MAINTENANCE.
In the past year I have spent $7k+ on this car, on everything from rebuilding the fuel system, drive lines, belts, hoses, all of the pumps, front and rear suspension, Climate control unit, climate control system, A/C rebuild and conversion to R134A, transimssion components and much much more!
I have done so not only because of my love for the car, but also because I average at least about 25K miles per year!

The car is in AMAZING condition. It runs like a champ, transmission shifts promptly and smoothly, perhaps the smoothest tranny I have experienced in a W123 300DT. And theres nothing comparable to driving a car like this with all of the major mechanical compents in as new shape! Im sure you know what im talking about if you practice what you preach.

These little snaggles, small problems, that I am having are the last of anything on the car which needs tending to, and have only begun to show in the past week or so as I have begun driving the car after a summer trip in Miami. I DONT EVER drive my car more than necessary when it is in need of things. But when it is, I like to turn to the reliable, good ol' mercedesshop, to post my problems, and in doing so can get diagnostic comments, and therefore make an educated visit to my shop of choice for... lets say, PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE.

Next up this month:
Engine mounts
Power steering fluid leak correction
Coolant resivior replacement, flush, and refill
Thermostat.
Battery taken care of today!

No harsh feeling twitchkitty, but dont assume somones car care repitoire without knowing the whole story.

cheers!

1995 E420
1992 BMW 525i
1984 300D Turbo sold
1993 Volvo 244 sold
1995 Volvo 944T R.I.P!

"The details are not details. They make the product."
-Charles Eames

www.cbs.nu

Last edited by Veloce300DT; 08-25-2004 at 05:10 PM.