View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 05:41 PM

Dave
There are a few things to try. First of all, *really* sounding like the motor to me.
OK, put it on intermittent wipe (in an operational state), and open the hood (watch to make sure the arms don't hit the hood) and open the fusebox. Hopefully by reading the fuse list, you'll be able to identify the relay for the wipers. With the wipers running intermittent, you should be able to put a finger on the relay and feel it clicking when the wipers cycle. Now, what you want to do is when the wipers fail, open the hood and do this again with the same relay, and see if it still is "clicking" occasionally, as though the relay is being operated. That'll pretty well take the AAM out of the picture; it's doing it's part. It could still be a bad relay output side, I think you may spot a few other relays there that have the same part number, as a test you can swap one into the wipers position on the relay board.
More than likely though it's the electric motor itself. Peep arounf the cowl and you should be able to gently pull up the black plastic cowl and get a slight amount of access to it. In a failed state with the switch on speed 1 (low speed, not intermittent) find something to fit under the cowl which will allow you to tap a few times on the motor, and see if you can get it to work. If that makes it work, I'd get a new motor.

Gilly