View Single Post
Old 08-26-2004, 12:28 AM
Certified diesel nut

I haven't decided yet...except for knowing for sure who I won't vote for.

Not voting for Bush - except for firearms, capital punishment, and some environmental policies, the Republican domestic platform frightens me. I'm also really unhappy that Bush chose to commit the bulk of the military to Iraq in the manner that he did, particularly with not having finished wiping Al Qaeda off the face of the earth. I didn't say that I'm not voting Republican because I will likely vote for the Republican running against Barbara Boxer for the Senate seat.

Not voting Libertarian - while some of what I've heard from their party makes sense, judging by what I've seen from many of the Libertarians on this forum, it sounds like the ideal Libertarian paradise would have conditions similar to that of America shortly before the unionization movement began.

Not voting Green - while I do think that the environment needs some form of protecting, I think that the Democrats aren't going about it right...and the Greens seem to be an extremist version of that. I wish that the supposed "environmentalists" here in America would look more to the European example.

Part of me wants to vote for Kerry, but while I like what he's been saying, I'm not sure he's sincere (nothing personal against him; he is, after all, a politician ). I need to look at the other 3rd party candidates before coming to a firm decision. I would love nothing more than to see the "two-party system" collapse...a multiple-party system may actually allow real people to get into office.