View Single Post
Old 08-26-2004, 12:58 PM
Zero

No argument just a debate. I see a lot of people thinking reliablility and quality are the same things, their not. Quality is useing good materials and building a car designed to be rebuilt. Any car maker that does this shows to me at least that their product is ment to be around for awhile. For example after having pulled the interior out of my SDL I saw how most parts are designed to come out to give you access to other components. Now after pulling apart some of a W210 interior I can say MB improved much, everything came apart much better than on my SDL. With a few screw drivers you can pull anything you want out inside that car in a few minutes. (within reason) Now on my Camry (I must ad I still wish I had this car it never broke) you could not get anything apart, the whole car was built not to be fixed. Ask anyone who has re-sealed an oil pump on the 4cy, that was a pita of a job. I replaced the valve cover gasket 3 times before it stopped leaking, not to mention I always seemed to be bleeding after working on that thing. I loved driving it and it never let me down, never failed to start, and had good AC. But when it did break...

On a side note used Lexus values are holding up well but we will see who wants a 15 year old LS400 in a few years, Toyota's seem to tank in value after 10 years.
2007 Tiara 3200