View Single Post
Old 03-07-2001, 02:05 AM

Luke, or anyone else who knows wheels, please let me know what I can do to find a replacement if you can.

Tonight, the left rear center cap disappeared somewhere when I was out driving.

I have some 16x7.5 et 35 Chrome Speedline wheels on my car. They are The Mistral Model.

The center cap is 6 inches in diameter, with a 6 sided part to unscrew the caps. The center was black plastic where the star is, and screws into the center of the wheels. I would say it is 2 to 2 1/4 inches in diameter hole for the screw in part. The cap is not curved or concave, but flat. One area of it on the underside has a small lip to sit in the locking lip on the wheel.

If you or anyone knows if it is possible to find a replacement center cap for those wheels, or perhaps the manufacturer site of the wheels, please let me know.

If I don't get a cap on there soon, I will go out of my mind. It is such a pet peeve of mine to see a car without a center cap. it just drives me nuts. So you can imagine how I feel now that I have a missing one.

What if anything can I do to track this down?

I am sure my machinist could make one up, but it might cost a fortune to get made.

I need a new cap now! Its already going to make me lose sleep over it. I probably shouldn't get so worked up about it, but this is one of those things that just bugs me deep down to the bone.

If I can contact the company that makes the wheels, or perhaps a dealership for the wheels, they might know of someone who has them, or maybe they have some sitting around.

I have no idea how old the wheels are, and I have no idea where they were purchased. They were on the car when I bought it.

I hate to have to drive without the one center cap. It will drive me out of my mind to know one is missing. Not to mention how pissed off and upset I am about it.

I appreciate any help or insight someone can give me on tracking this down.

Even if it is not chrome, I don't care, I will get it chromed, and it does not have to have the MB star, I can have one of those made up for me easy.

Thank you very very much in advance,

Alon

Speedline Mistral in this picture, is the same as mine...

Mine:

[Edited by Ashman on 03-07-2001 at 03:43 AM]