View Single Post
Old 08-27-2004, 03:18 PM

thanks randy!!

randy, i have the cd, but how do i get inside the glove box to see where these pins are??? does that assembly come out in some way to test it, or do benz mechanics have a special wiring harness that plugs in some way and has long wires on it?

anyway, i think i will have to mess with that this weekend. was going to buy another coolant sensor (left rear of engine) and this mechanic told me it had to be the ICV. i check it again, its clean and is lubricated and i test it with 12V and it's working, etc. I put it back on the cold car---runs perfectly, check voltage across the ICV and it's 4.5-5V, turn on the AC and let the engine get hot for about 15 minutes in the NC sun. running great. Turn the ignition off, crank it right back, and back to 1700rpm. Voltage across the ICV is back to zero. It will not change until it cools off again. When it does, i'll let it idle correctly and stop and start it while it's cool to segregate the heat aspect. If it only does it when it gets hot, i'll just have to check all the sensors going into the ICU. God, they wanted $260 for the ICV--I thought that was lower than the ICU. Man, this is cutting into my fishing time, and i hate to break down and take it in to someone who will start the musical parts game, but maybe thats all i can do......thanks...later