View Single Post
Old 08-27-2004, 05:34 PM

Back at it . . . or almost. I toasted my spare ice-cube so I have four on their way. Additionally, I found a Klima for $40 and that has been shipped. I do intend to eventually find all of the gremlins and use the Klima the way it was intended.

I also had another dilema while testing. I had two multi meters and now I have a third. My digital ran from the vehicle battery so when I had to use one Klima socket for ground and another positive I had to switch to my little needle meter. It wasn't designed for automotive use and the voltage scale imposes real limits (10 volts, 100 volts, etc.). So today I went to Sears and purchased a relatively inexpensive digital that gives me more meter than I need. Actually, since it has the temp probe I can monitor my ACC temps from the vents once I get the ACC operational again.

While I'm waiting for delivery of my relays, I want to keep testing. An area I am uncertain of (there are still many of those) is the air gap on the compressor's clutch. First, if by jumping 5 & 7 at the Klima socket engages the compressor is it safe to assume that the air gap is approximately correct? If I do need to check it, is there a nut to remove at the front (after loosening the belt) that will provide access to the clutch components?

I'll keep you posted.

P.S. Brier, my bulldog seems to be doing better. He is snoring up a storm at my feet as I type. I think the brief ride in the MB yesterday did his spirits some good. He still prefers the '77 VW 7-passenger bus since he can stretch out and snore. Just over eight years old and with a life expectancy (according to the breed) of 8-10 he is probably doing as well as I can expect. What big babies these four-legged family members can be.
'77 VW Type II - 77K - Restored
'08 250EX Ninja
English Bulldog (Brier) - My best friend. Passed away 12/02/04 while in my arms.