View Single Post
Old 08-28-2004, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdave
I bought mine after the quake of 89 in CA. Found I could listen to the police sheriff listened all the time. Heard the police dispatched to my house as last known address for someone in a hit and run we lived there for 6 years. Heard a brave crazy cop come under fully automatic gun fire calling in his situation under the dash glass breaking engine revving car crashing after he was around a corner and he calmly says I guess they don’t like cops. Heard calls where cops screwed up so bad innocent people were shot. Called my neighbor to tell him he was getting raided 1 minute before cops busted down his door. Heard every rule broken in violent hi risk situations shooting from moving vehicles ramming fleeing cars in excess of 110mph. But I was at a neighbor’s house 2 months ago when there was a home invasion robbery I escaped alerted police and that they had scanners. For my troubles I was kept locked in a police car for 9 hours finally a cop SOLD me a bottled water for a $125 they did not give a crap I was diabetic and needed my medicine had a cop raise a fist to me after 8 hours in the car I said screw it lit a smoke knowing it would get some reaction my pleas weren’t. Taken downtown after hostage stand off ended shown the door not allowed to call any one even though I told them I had no money I was robbed the San Jose PD could give a **** Ill never listen to them again. FS 2 year old top of the line radio shack desk or car scanner cost $300 sell $125 I will always keep my original bearcat scanner for earth quakes though. But if SJPD said flee north you know danger is north and there trying to keep roads clear for them selves and there families sorry to rant.
Dave San Jose CA real men are sheriffs

My friend used to keep one in his car, apparently in fl they arent illegal unless they are permanently mounted in your car or have a microphone of some sort. I understand your feeling for not trusting cops, i called them once for my room mates safety and they ended up arreseting him, plus many other occasions where they have been MUCH MUCH more harm than help. Seems all of them are out to get young people, regardless whether they are wrong or not. I've thought of getting one of these on many occasions, only thing drawing me back is money. Maybe if i had one i'd actually learn what cops really do aside from harrassing innocent people.........
Ryan
2001 IS300.......sold
2002 330i.........current.
2004 highlander limited....current.