View Single Post
Old 08-29-2004, 11:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220SE
Hello,

I have driven mb (although purchased used) for almost 20yrs and can say the quality of newer models is not what is could be or used to be. Today a new mb carries a lot of "cache" but not much more. Can you measure the life of a current mb in terms of generations like the pre-1973 models? Not at all. Just bought a used eldorado with the Northstar engine and couldn't be happier. When listening to horror stories about Cadillac remember even though the Northstar engine is low maintenence does not mean that you can ignore it. The Eldorado has cold a/c, really nice leather,and features that that are really usefull(rainsense wipers, auto door lock/unlock, self closing trunk,ect..) and will run cricles around the old 107sl I traded in on it. Gets 24-25 mpg, and does 0-60 in less than 7sec. What more can you ask for? Well, parts in comparison to mb cost much less. A fuel press regulator was $40.00
I've never seen a Caddy with over 140,000 miles on that didn't need a new engine. They run great until around then, and then all hell breaks loose. I've owned two Caddies, thanks, I'll keep my SL.