Thread: Cast your vote
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2004, 12:13 AM
You will rue this day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Big-"L" Libertarianism is a sort of garbage pit of people pi$$ed at the major parties' lack of integrity (Republicrats are demonstrably vote/power whores). But Libertarians will never agree on any universal set of pragmatic goals for governance. We're all fine with theory, its the reality that slays us. The whores will win the pragmatic arguement everytime.
As much as I dont like it, I agree. The whole point of my voting Libertarian is to swing the federal government back to where the Constitution actually means something again. Both the major candidates seem to develop instant illiteracy when placed near a copy of the "Law of the Land." The only one of the original 10 Rights guaranteed, not granted, by the Constitution that has not been gang raped by all three branches is the 3rd Amendment, which states that no one must give involuntary quarter to soldiers. Yet.

Until the Barry Goldwater Republicans start taking a greater foothold of the RNC, I will stick with the LP and the Republican Liberty Caucus. The latter, I am sure, has sold out its principles and endorsed Bush. But, what else would we expect them to do. Stand for something? You must be on crack...