View Single Post
Old 08-31-2004, 02:27 PM

I am almost there

Facing high cost of replacing of replacing TVS, I did something creative. With wife in the car pumping the throttle, I manually push down teh air intake plate and just spary the whole can of Carb clean down on the throttle, focuing on the side with TVS. With that, I got my 0 ohms contact between Idle tips and got my normal idle. And I got 5V and 5 ohms on ICV.

Right now, each morning, I could start the car on the first try and get 800 on P and 600 on D. However, upon reaching work place 25 - 30 minutes later, I got 750 on D and 1200 on P. Something has happend when the car got hot.

I have gotten rid of those 1500 RPM high idle but still have to use extra brake in city traffic. The good news is that I know for sure every components are capable of working because I got good idle in the morning. The bad news is that I still have not clue where and what is lose upon the car got hot. The decent idle on D suggests the electronic system is not responing to extra load when engine is engaged.

My plan is to measure both ICV and TVS while car is hot to see if everything is still normal. Any suggestions and advises will be greatly appreciated.