View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 03:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson Chan
This question relates to school, lifestyle, and philosophy. So would you rather be a entrepreneur and make your own hours, the possibility of making it rich, not have to deal with the corporate ladder, and "be in control"

OR

would you rather work for the corporate world and be a "paycheck casher"? I know some people who do NOT want to put up with the extra work and long hours of owning your own business and would rather work a Monday through Friday 9 to 5 job.

So what are most Mercedes owners like?
I did the Fortune 500 IT thing for years. I hated the politics and was amazed by the incredible truth in of the Peter Principle - incompetance always seems to find a job in management. If you can tolerate petty politics and gross incompetence, and you want a stress-free life, go for the paycheck.

If you don't want the coporate life, and want to trade your disgust with petty politics for great freedom and the possibility of great reward, and more stress than you have ever had to handle in your life, then go into to business for yourself. Get in the habit of putting as much as possible away for a rainy day, because when you work for yourself, its gonna rain.

If you like hard work, work yourself to death in a corporation and you might get some appreciation and your boss will get a promotion and a raise. Work yourself to the bone working for yourself and you will get back the greatest feeling of satisfaction you ever had when you see that hard work build something that is yours and only yours to be proud of. Personally, I have never seen more people whose talents were wasted than the really hardworking people who work in corporations.