View Single Post
Old 09-03-2004, 03:49 AM
I love this place!!! :)

Just venting! what a way to end the day!

I was at a shop having my spring pads replaced when i saw what seemed to be a w124 part on one of the shelves. Lo and behold, it was the center plate/trim that goes between the two rear brake lights, its the part that fills the empty space on w124 trunks. This is the smooth kind not the reflector type. Anyway, i was looking for one of these for ages so when the guy sold it to me for dirt cheap, arnd 30 USD, i felt closer to 124 perfection heaven. hehe

anyway, when i got home i couldn't wait to test fit it on the car so thats what i did. i removed the license plate and jammed it between the lights while admiring the fresh new look of my 124. After that i prepared a quick snack and thought about how lucky i was to have found the part i had been looking for for so long, an original one at that, coz i've been in the process of fabricating one from scratch since acessories are hard to come by where i live.

After the snack i remembered that i had to go to WeternUnion Money Transfer to pay for a seminar in LA. I tried paying through credit card but got a warning that i was gonna be redirected to a non secure site so i opted to cancel, and pay through westernUnion.

So i got in my car and proceeded to the bank, when i got to the bank i suddenly remembered that the center piece thingy was mounted, and not screwed, to the trunk. I quickly checked and sure enough, it was gone! I was horrified, i called home and asked our security guard if he saw anything fall off the car. I had him run down the street to check. No results. It was nowhere to be seen near our house. So i backtracked my route hoping that it would still be lying on the street somewhere, no such luck.

STUPID STUPID STUPID. It was gone. A lucky find turns to stupid, dumb mistake.

When i finally got home after searching i Felt defeated.
accepting that nothing could be done about it
I opened up my email, coz i had nothing better to do, and saw a reply from the seminar i was applying for. It said that it had received the credit card payment and that i had been registered. If I had only bothered to check my mail when i was at the computer,ONLINE, browsing this site, when i was having a snack i wouldn't have had to go to the bank, then i wouldn't have lost the center thingy!

I admit this was all my fault...

dang!

85 190E 2.3(SOLD)
86 230E (-->300D) sold
87 300D (-->300TD) sold
68 250S w/ a 615 and manual tranny (RIP)
87 300TD (SOLD)
95 S280 "The KRAKEN" (Turbo 2.9 602 transplant) traded
86 190E 2.3... current project