View Single Post
Old 09-06-2004, 09:28 PM
Zero

A Frantz oil filter will be going on my SDL soon! 100K+ before the next oil change!

At the diesel meet on Sunday I was talking to the owner of a 1995 E300D with 316k on the clock. He had installed a Frantz oil filter on it 120k+ miles ago and was having awsome results! The way I understand it using toilete paper as a filtering element is an old but effective idea. It will filter down to sub micron size, it will filter the soot out for example. By doing this you never need to change the oil! All you have to do is every 2,500k replace the tp in the Frantz and add a quart of oil, than every 5k miles replace the oe filter+ the tp filter and add another quart etc. By doing this you are replenishing the oil additives, this is what wears out the oil never does, and the Frantez cleans it well enough that the oil stays very clean. He has had the same Delvac 1 in their for 120k miles and has had it tested every 10k miles and it always comes back good for another 10k! By doing this you are always running clean oil threw your engine, say you change your oil every 5k miles, after say 2k miles some soot starts to build up, the oil suspends it fine but it is still their. The Frantz filter will keep the soot and crap level very low say changing your oil every 1k miles low, so clean oil is always moving around your engine.

The way I plan to install this on my 603 is to copy the way he did it on his 606. I will tap off the oil filter cap, with a 90 degree fitting and run that pressure line to the Frantz, then I will tap my valve cover and drop the nice clean oil in right on the cam/timing chain. I will install a clear filter between the Frantz and the valve cover just in case the tp breaks apart. He did this also because he did not trust it at first. Hopefully the cleaner oil will help the lifters clear out, 603's seem to be sensitive to oil quality. I might still change it, I will get the oil tested at 5k mile intervials for awhile just to make sure it is fine. This will be my project this December.

Junk India filter's are a thing of the past.

This is their web site:
http://www.frantzfilters.com/products.htm
2007 Tiara 3200

Last edited by Hatterasguy; 09-06-2004 at 09:44 PM.