View Single Post
Old 09-08-2004, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebowers
Part of the certification REQUIRED for any new diesel fuel sold (changed manufacturing process) is a test for wear/scuffing of injector fuel pumps. Additives are added to the fuel as required at the refinery to meet this important characteristic. MBZ injections pumps ARE NOT subject to wear from low sulfur fuels since the driving parts are lubricated by engine oil. The plungers do not wear since there is no metal-to- metal contact ever.

The MBZ injection pumps ARE sensitive to trash and water in the fuel. Buy good fuel, keep it clean and dry, and at least once a year use diesel doctor to keep water and bacteria out of your fuel and clean injector nozzles.
This man has spoken with great knowledge pay attention.

Yes as the first reduction of sulfur started there were some initial problems due to lack of proper or enough of lub addative in the fuel, but this was quickly corrected.

Yes if you want to add some extra lub to the fuel the best bang for the buck is some veggie oil from the coner grocery. Me I just use a B2 premium (49 cetane) and truck on, I will however be installing a Cat 2 micron fuel filter from here to put on the MB this fall.

I have had one on the VW TDI since he first developed the adaptor for the VW almost 2 years ago. This is a really well made adapter kit which can be adapted to the MB very easy. The Cat fuel filter is a 2 micron absolute filter and was designed to flow fuel for big V8 diesels for about 10 to 20 thousand miles, and should last at least twice that for a small 4 or 6 cyl diesels.

Last summer I cut one open after 12,000 miles on the wife's Jetta and only about 1/3 of the filter was dirty. I figure the filter should last real easy in the 1.9L turbo at least 20,000 miles, or maybe even 30,000 miles with a fairly clean fuel.

'13 Chrysler 200 Touring Candy Red. Grandma's ride.

Age and cunning will always over come youth and vigor.