View Single Post
Old 09-10-2004, 06:32 PM

Well, all things considered, I believe the Mercedes transmission SHOULD be able to handle the HP of the 350 V8, as long as it's not pumped up to put out 400 HP or something. Otherwise, as I stated previously in this thread, the corvette only put out about 30 more Hp than the 250 S.... so providing a guy isn't trying to race it, I don't anticipate it being a big deal. However, if a guy tries to lay down the rubber everytime he leaves a stopsign, it may eventually cause a problem.... I however, like my cars to show, not to race.... so shouldn't be a big deal.

From what the guy we bought it from stated, the car is supposed to be pretty powerful. His exact words were: "It does smoke a lot of cars on the street with the big V8 in this mid size car". I'm sure I'll try it once just to find out... but beyond that.... it'll be easy crusin for the 99% part.....

Me personally, I just love the converted Mercedes, cuz I love the chevy motors! Not to mention, there's just so much you can do (and so much cheaper) with a chevy motor than you can with a Mercedes motor, unfortunately......... And of course, parts availabilty, and price, certainly account for something too. But hey, different strokes for different folks. Like u said, as long as they're not being destroyed it's cool either way..........

1967 Mercedes 250S w/ 350 Chevy V8, stock transmission and rear end.
1968 Mercedes 250S w/ 229 Chevy V6, 350 Turbo Transmission with shift kit, and 1981 Corvette rear end.