View Single Post
Old 09-11-2004, 10:20 PM

computer diagnosis of problem

The fuller story is that I went into a local shop that had a stars computer for confirmation that my air mass sensor had died. The first tech was not the owner and had disconnected the throttle by the time he went to lunch-2 hours into the one hour procedure. The owner came by, made it right, and only charged me for the hour. I replaced the air mass sensor, the check engine light went out and I got my power back. (without paying for adaptation or the replacement of a transmission valve assembly)
A week later the car turned over butrefused to start untill I found the master key. I had the rf chip in a key fail previously and the symptom is starting but refusal to run for over a second.
So I got out the computer diagnosis and here is what it says:"B1703 transponder:error whe writing programmable code, B1703 The transponder cannot be read,B1040 CAN bus: fault in communicatio: ICM, B1040 CAN bus: fault in communicatio:VG, B1858 The two-way radio signal: The programmed code is ok, but the programmable code is not synchronized." I changed the batteries and got out the old remote but still have the problem every few days and only the master will start it.
So, I went back to the owner of the shop and asked if the tech who disconnected my throttle might have messed with my locking computer. He said no, I needed an all activities module for $150 plus $200 in programming.
Well, I just don't like the dealer but the shop with the star computer hasn't secured my confidence as yet. What do you think? Also, what is the DAS system or whatever the acronym was that you used??