View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004, 07:11 AM
1995 E320 SE

Luke, Turanza vs. SO3 or your recommendation?

Hello Luke,

I have Michelin MXV4+ tires that I purchased from Tirerack. Although the Michelins do provide a quiet and comfortable ride, they are definitely not great in the rain and they squeal like crazy during modest to hard cornering. Oh yes, I forgot to mention that they are French tires. I am going to drop the Michelins. Base on your advice, I have been planning to try the Bridgestone Turanza LS-H, but I am also curious about trying a set of the "Max Performance" tires. I know Tirerack does not compare the tires directly, but I wondered what you think. If you were driving a 1995 E320, would you install Turanzas or would you go for SO3 or maybe something else that I did not mention.

To help you guide my tire selection, let me tell you a little more about my driving preferences and about my car. I appreciate a quiet ride and I suppose I also lean toward a comfortable ride. I did upgrade to the AMG 16-inch wheels and I tightened my suspension with Eibach springs and Bilstein shocks, so I think you can say that I also appreciate better handling. My current tire size is 205/55/16. Cost is really not a factor, because I am willing to pay for the best tire I can get. I have dedicated winter tires, so driving in the snow is not an issue. I have some questions about snow tires too, but I will address those questions in a different post.

Based on my stated preferences and my car’s attributes, what tries would you recommend for me?

Thank you,

Ken

My 1995 E320

I think it might be like always going back to that same bad relationship with an ex girlfriend.
You feel you love them too much, or you are just too stupid to know any better.

Flickr slideshow of my 1995 E320
http://www.flickr.com/photos/24145497@N06/sets/72157616572140057/

Last edited by ksing44; 09-16-2004 at 07:31 AM. Reason: typo