View Single Post
Old 09-20-2004, 10:44 PM

This former post speaks for itself. I Think this is only fair.

Send a message via AIM to HomeRunPark
The Reasons I Need A New Car!!!!!
Here is the list of things wrong with my 300D:

1.) Idle Sensor??
When at idle (foot off gas,) sometimes it idles beautifully, sometimes it idles at 500 or lower RPM's and shakes like hell. Also, often the tachometer will simply die, the needle will rest at 0 while I'm traveling arund 30-40 sometiems even on the highway. When this happens, the car shakes uncontrollably.
2.) Sunroof.
I've taken apart the motor, it's not the motor/gears they work fine. It has to be the cable. The roof does not open by the power switch and when I attempt to open it manually it will not open. After some research I've learned I must take down the entire Headliner to get at it.
3.) Glowplugs.
The Glowplug Light does not work anymore. I simply go by the red SRS light turning off and the buzzing sound. I usually give it a few seconds after the sound/light go off and then start it. It usually works, but if I attempt to turn it on too soon the tach rests at 0 and the car shakes uncontrollably. Also, a ton of black smoke bellows out the exhaust.
4.)Rear Passenger Side Shock
Only Needs to be replaced, but I'm sure that's not a complete Pain in the Ass on this car.

The funny part about it all is, that this thing still runs like a champ. It's fussy becuase of the problems above but when it's started right and is warmed up it's sooo quick! This car will keep up with my buddy's Audi A4 1.8T on the highway! It's amazing! How can it run so well but be such a ***** at the same time?

I just can't get myself to find a new car because this thing is in PRISTINE CONDITION physically. I kid you not it has been garaged for 11 years and the paint is still glossy. One would be amazed at the exterior/interior of this car. Hand washed and interior cared for on a weekly basis.
It's just such a pain in the ass. As soon as i fix one thing, another breaks, and the cycle keeps repeating.

Anyone want to buy an otherwise PERFECT (except for problem's listed) 1993 300D with 175k on the clock? I need a Jeep Cherokee. Something American where I can go to the local parts store and get something dirt cheap instead of sending away for a $600 Vacuum pump when that breaks.

I sure am sick of fixing this car."

Thanks for listening!!!

Last edited by rdanz; 09-20-2004 at 11:01 PM.