View Single Post
Old 09-21-2004, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeynut
Funny you should mention it, I just changed over to synthetic last night. I went with Amsoil 15W40. I have always been a Delvac 1 guy for diesels, but I have read good comments on the Amsoil. The price helped as well - I paid $18 gal vs. $22 gal for the Delvac 1. I will continue with Delvac for my Jetta since it only takes 1 gal and that is what it has always had. Also, I saw the yellow cap Delvac 1 at Wally World as mentioned in earlier threads. It says it is Truck & SUV Mobil 1, but has all the diesel ratings. It was $4.75 qt or something like that. Actually cheaper than buying a gallon of Delvac 1. Interesting. Do I dare trust that it is Delvac 1 and use that on the jetta next time??
The Truck & SUV oil is the same exact oil as Delvac1 and uses the same MSDS sheet, I am on the second oil change using it in the '02 Jetta, and have put it in the MB and plan on doing an oil sample test at about 4500 to 5000 mile mark to see how soot and everything else is doing. Also these EGR equipted early MB's do not put as much soot into the engine I am told by several mechanic's, because they were not designed to recirc as much gases and probably most are not even working unless they have been kept up with.

'13 Chrysler 200 Touring Candy Red. Grandma's ride.

Age and cunning will always over come youth and vigor.