View Single Post
Old 09-24-2004, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc260E
Hi nglitz

I like to know how things work
Is this the brass screw you are refering to ( see picture)? and the other for adjustment?
I guess the picture didn't come through. The adjustment screw isn't visible with the EHA on the fuel dist. Once you undo the electrical connector and remove the two screws holding the EHA to the dist (watch for the fuel spritz) you can pull it off. Make sure the two O-rings that seal the EHA to the dist aren't lost. The face of the EHA that's against the fuel dist, has a couple of holes in between the attachment screws' holes. Below that is a brass, slotted screw that's flush with the surface. This is the cover or cap. Unscrew it CCW, it's probably lightly siezed and will take about ten rotations to come off. It has very fine threads, possibly to make a fuel-proof seal. Under that is what looks like a brass setscrew with the 2mm internal hex. Moving this will adjust the lower chamber pressure in the fuel distributor. There is a MB special tool to measure this. CW rotation increase mixture richness and CCW leans. 1/4 turn made a lage difference in my car. Putting the cover screw back in, it feels like it would be very easy to cross thread. I used only my fingetip until I was sure the thread was correctly engaged.

Exactly what's inside the EHA, I have no idea, but it's a heavy little sucker for its size.

Started fine at lunchtime, too,

Last edited by nglitz; 09-24-2004 at 02:23 PM.