View Single Post
Old 09-28-2004, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nglitz
CC260 that's the beastie, though I never pulled mine that far apart. Not quite sure I understand your question, "Does the membrne still resist?" I'll ass-u-me you mean does it resist the increase in pressure? As there's all of a 11% change if I hit Stu's numbers, I'll take a wag that it's ok. I've never had one apart & hope to never need to. People who have, tell me they look simple but never worked quite the same after re-assembly. The lower pressure is constantly being changed as the system regulates mixture anyway. Both the inner arm of the flapper and the ECU's duty cycle sent to the EHA are making changes constantly.

mctwin2kman Excellent!! I stayed with the single 1/4 turn CW adjustment on the EHA, but needed a 1/8 screw turn CCW on the idle CO adjustment on the flapper arm to offset it once it warmed up. That was pretty subtle. I've GOT to rig up a way to read out duty cycle & maybe even O2 sensor voltage inside the car while driving it.
Yeah my mixture changed of course so I had to adjust a hair leaner as when the EHA was adjusted it made it rich accross the board. I know get better response when the accelerator is depressed and do not need to let the engine warm up for a minute or so at cold start now since I am not getting the stumble anymore. I still think I need new injectors as I can feel my engine idle ever so slightly and I have been in other 190's with the 2.6 and 2.3 engine of all ages and they idle smooth as glass. But it is far better than when I got the car and could shake a martini by placing the mixer on the dash! Worked great so far and maybe I will get better gas mileage now that I do not need to floor it to get a response from the engine. I take it that after 18 years and 160,000 miles the fuel distributor may not be as good as it once was for regulating flow properly. So it needs to be tweaked.... And Tweaked it is now and running almost like a new car!

1986 190E 2.3 Black, Auto, Mods to come soon.....