View Single Post
Old 09-29-2004, 09:14 AM
Stella!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack
Looking to have some work done that I cannot or may not want to do myself, and I would appreciate input from those in the know.
Hi Mack, here's the local answers I can provide:
Quote:
1.) Does anyone have input on Austin Fuel Injection
Haven't dealt with them but have done biz with Central Texas Diesel Injection

Quote:
2.) Can Diesel Purge be aquired locally? I would like to try to run some through before I pull the injectors, but I would like to address this issue ASAP.
I quit looking and run Power Service or Stanandyne.

Quote:
3.) I might be looking for an A/C shop to recharge my R12 system, and hunt for a possible leak. Might just be a small leak, as it ran fine for sometime after I bought it, but now the A/C is inop, the failure mode was suggestive of low refrigerant qty. The system has a sticker indicating it was charged with a leak detecting dye. (May just do this myself, as I have 7lbs of R12, and access to a manifold and vacum pump if I am lucky.)
See Joe or Linda at Atlas Auto Air on North Lamar. You should call first becasue there isn't much work this time of year and Joe likes his fishing. I've known Joe for at least 30 years; he may well be the only honest a/c guy in Waterloo. Tell them Randy Leo sent you.

Quote:
4.) It appears the left front is out of alignment, (might just be that the P.O. ran the LF tire with low psi.) Any good alignment shops for Mercedes in the Austin area? 4a.) Most of the supsension was addressed by the P.O. but I am debating having the front A-Arm bushings replace, normally I would do this myself, but with the cost of a Mercedes Benz sping compressor, it seems it might make more sense to turn it over to a local shop. So I guess I am looking for a place have this done, or a place that might rent a quality spring compressor.
When you find a front end shop in Austin that knows MBZ front ends, let me know. I've had mine done by a brake shop on William Cannon and am not experiencing any pulling or bizarre tire wear but, I'm not all that convinced they truly know MBZ fronts either. FWIW, I have a spring compressor, a nice workshop and would appreciate the opportunity to get experienced in some front end work. Let's talk.

Quote:
5.) A Co-worker with a E300 (124) is looking for a good Austin/Bastrop area transmission shop. (It sounds like the park pawl has grenaded or is not releasing fully.)
Sorry, no help here.