View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 08:56 AM

W201 190E HVAC Vacuum Issues

Well, I replaced the heater core over the weekend and also double checked all vacuum connections while the dash was out. I noticed today that when I have the floor vents/partial defrost selection that I noticed at certain points while accelerating that I could hear more air flow from the defrost vents once in a while. More air blowing out of them than before I accelerated. Does not happen all the time just kind of random. Now I know that my vacuum resevoir is fine and all vacuum connections are fine as well. So I am asking if this is normal in certain circumstances due to the intake vacuum pressure dropping and just not holding the vent flap for the defroster half way open as it should be and just letting it open the rest of the way? Or is it a bad vacuum module for the vent flap? Of course I hope it is normal since I would have to remove the dash to get to that vacuum module again!

Also I have a slight noise in my Auto Tranny Shifter Selector! Sounds like pennies vibrating in an ash tray at high RPM's just before a shift! Really strange as it just started to happen and I also noticed that I get some sloppy clunking noises when I move the shifter. I can hear the workings more now than before. Is there some sort of bushing in there that may be bad and cause the shift level to vibrate or the linkages to vibrate on an Auto Tranny?

Thanks,

1986 190E 2.3 Black, Auto, Mods to come soon.....