View Single Post
Old 10-06-2004, 10:07 AM

Question 1999 C43 - A/C Blower Question - Issue

Hello, I'm brand new to this forum! ...lots of great information and friendly folks here...

I have a 1999 C43 AMG, and I have recently experienced a problem with the A/C blower fan. I searched here and there, but I could not find a direct "lead" to my issue.

After starting the C43 in the garage (normal ambient temp.), the A/C blower works great - all speeds work fine and it blows very cold.

Sometimes the car's left outside in the sun (inside temp is high), and when I start the car with the air "on", the fan will not turn on.

To "fix" this issue, I lean over slap the footwell "cover" below the blower fan with my hand. The fan will turn back on and work normally at all speeds. I've checked all of the connections leading into the blower regulator and blower motor, but nothing's loose or frayed.

Does this sound like a blower regulator problem or a blower motor (brush replacement) issue? This issue only occurs when the inside temperature is hot - like if left in the sun after being in a store for 30 minutes in the Texas sun.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Brent
1999 C43 AMG