View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 07:43 PM

Thank you all for your very valuable replies. I've been out of town [in a place so rural that in this day and age there were no land phone lines so I had no Internet access] so I wasn't able to post any replies. Well, I'm back home now!!

Gilly, thanks for that long analysis. I can understand your concern on the local owner having a spare key or so, but then again, the same can be the case with the 560SEL. Why? Well, when I traded in my Toyota Camry Solara for my Avalon, I actually forgot to give the third key for the car to the dealer. So that means that I could have gotten away with keeping a spare key to the car if I wanted to do so for fraudulent purposes. I ended up returning the key to the dealer before the car was re-sold, however I just thought I'd state that as an example. Granted, chances that'd be the case with the 560SEL are slim, considering the last owner of the car lives in Nevada (I ran the Vehicle History Report - all clean!!)

jchowe420, thanks for your 2 cents. I really value them. The dealer later told me he didn't let me drive the car that day because the flat tire was actually punctured and he had ordered a replacement for it which hadn't arrived on the day I went there. The next day I was there, the atmospheric temperature was in the 80s F, I ran the A/C and it was freezing cold. However, no air comes out of the center vents on "Auto." The air comes out well when on "high." I am thinking the 560SEL is the better choice too. I've ruled out the 500SEL, engine top-end rebuild or none. In fact, I will offer the 560SEL dealer $2,000 since he said he isn't willing to let me have a PPI on it. He intends to sell it "as is." If he doesn't take $2,000, I'll back out!